One thing is certain: graduates, faculty and allies of MSU’s College of Communication Arts and Sciences do extraordinary things for the greater good.
This spring, the ComArtSci Alumni Board will honor selected alumni, faculty and industry professionals for their remarkable achievements through The Celebration, during the Alumni Awards Ceremony and Strolling Dinner. Family, friends and alumni are invited to join the annual festivities from 6-9 p.m., Saturday, April 13, in the WKAR Studios in the ComArtSci Building, 404 Wilson Road, East Lansing, Michigan.
Six alumni will receive the Outstanding Alumni Award: an honor recognizing ComArtSci graduates who have obtained the highest level of professional or academic achievement and demonstrated service to the college and community. Selected recipients will also receive the College’s Rising Star Award, Honorary Alumni Award and Faculty Impact Award.
“These exceptional people exemplify Spartans Will,” said telecommunication alumnus and ComArtSci Alumni Board President Jeff Genthner. “They engage communities, affect lives, and make a difference in today’s world through creative thought, innovation, research, and the pursuit of truth. We are proud to showcase their successes through this special celebration.”
Recipients of the 2019 ComArtSci Alumni Awards include:
- Patricia Anstett, B.A. ‘69 Journalism, Owner, Patricia Anstett Communication
- Jemele Hill, B.A. ’97 Journalism, Staff Writer, The Atlantic
- Anne Marie Lasher, B.A. ‘86 Telecommunication, Brand Executive Producer, Advertising Production Resources (APR)
- Kirk Mayes, B.A. ‘99 Communication, CEO, Forgotten Harvest
- Gary Dean Pascoe, B.A. ‘90 Advertising, Chief Creative Officer, Commonwealth/McCann-Detroit
- Scott S. Weiss, B.A. '81 Advertising, CEO and Owner, Speakeasy Inc.
Rising Star Award
- Asia Gholston, B.S. ‘12 Media and Communication Technology, Manager, Integrated Sales and Marketing, National Football League
- Lauren Ciesa, President, CiesaDesign
Faculty Impact Award
- Bree E. Holtz, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, MSU Department of Advertising and Public Relations
MSU Federal Credit Union is the premier sponsor of the event, reflecting their commitment to MSU alumni, the pursuit of excellence and community engagement.
The Celebration is one of several events during ComArtSci Awards Week, April 7-14. Registration for the The Celebration is available online through Friday, April 5.