The Minor in Media Photography, which is administered by the School of Journalism, provides the opportunity to gain extended knowledge around the history, approaches, tools, outlets and possibilities for creating engaging visual content for a variety of media platforms. Students learn marketable skills necessary to analyze, conceive of, create and distribute powerful images, and understand how to use photography to support career objectives.
The minor is available as an elective to students enrolled in bachelor’s degree programs at Michigan State University.
Technology Recommendations & Requirements
- Adobe Creative Cloud for Photography (student pricing available)
- Adobe Premiere ONLY IF WORKING IN VIDEO
- A DSLR or MIRRORLESS CAMERA with interchangeable lenses
- A bag to carry your camera body, lenses and accessories in
- At least two digital memory cards that are 16GB or larger for the camera
- A portable hard drive for storing images/video
Professor of Practice, Photojournalism and New Media