ComArtSci by the Numbers
As one of the first communication colleges in the nation, we have the strength, skill and talent to serve the common good, in the United States and across the world. Check out our rankings, standings and awards.
- MSU’s Communication programs are ranked #4 in the world by ShanghaiRanking.
- The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) ranks MSU #2 in Communication
- MSU is one of the top schools for game design in North America, earning the No. 7 spot for its undergraduate program and No. 8 for its graduate program in the Princeton Review’s list of Top Schools for Video Game Design for 2018.
- Ranked # 1 in educating researchers in the ﬁelds of health communication and communication technology by National Communication Association.
- National Research Council ranks ComArtSci communication PH.D. program #2 in the nation.
- The media and information studies doctoral program was ranked #2 in mass communication by the Chronicle of Higher Education.
- MSU is one of the top 80 universities in the world, according to the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2017.
- ComArtSci ranks in one of the top 10 in the world in communications and media studies according to QS World University Rankings.
- Professional sales education and leadership program named one of the best in the nation by Sales Education Foundation.
- ComArtSci has one of the largest advertising and public relations programs in the country based on faculty, research and program offerings.
- MSU School of Journalism has been continuously accredited since 1949.
- WKAR was named station of the year and national best noncommercial station of the year by Michigan Association of Broadcasters & National Association of Broadcasters in 2016.
- 100+ students won awards this year for their work in ﬁlm, design, advertising and sales, including MSU's first student Academy Award.