Digital communications in all of its forms demands to be integrated strategically in advertising, public relations and media. With a master's degree in Strategic Communication from MSU, graduates should be prepared to:
- Become a leader in driving the technology behind marketing.
- Develop a digital marketing strategy.
- Apply the latest digital innovations such as mobile, social media, location based services and big data to marketing campaigns.
- Integrate marketing, advertising, sales and logistics across physical and digital channels.
- Collect, analyze and interpret digital marketing data to inform decision-making.
According to 2019 LinkedIn and Forbes reports, some of the most desired skills of employees are: communication, social media, digital media, social media measurement, strategic planning, organizational leadership and strategic thinking. The MSU StratCom program helps meet these marketplace demands with courses in areas of organizational communication for leadership, media analytics and digital media.