StratCom online has a rolling admission. We recruit cohorts of 15-20 for fall, spring and summer semesters. Here are the deadlines:
- Fall: June 1
- Spring: November 1
- Summer: April 1
- Complete the Graduate School Application. The fee is $65 (Domestic) or $75 (International) and can be paid with credit card, check (US Funds), or money order. Use program code: 6328 – Strategic Communication
- Upload the following materials to the Applicant Portal :
- Email addresses for your three recommenders (Note: An email will be sent out to your recommenders providing them the information on where to go to submit their letters electronically. So please be sure to list accurate information. The department will only accept letters submitted via the online system. The department will not accept letters submitted through any other format.)
- Academic Statement [one-page narrative of your academic journey]
- Personal Statement [one-page narrative or your personal journey. i.e. family, growing up, hobbies, etc.]
- Resume or Vita
- Send the following materials to the Director of MA Studies, Strategic Communication Program, 404 Wilson Road, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824:
- One copy of official and original transcripts and degree certification documents for all college work.
- Applicants from China: During the application process, applicants submit certified copies (sealed and stamped by institutions) of all post-secondary transcripts, graduation certificates and degrees directly to the Strategic Communication program (see address above). MSU requires these documents in the original language (Chinese) as well as an official English translation. Effective Spring 2015, Michigan State University will require all incoming admitted students pursuing degrees or who have earned degrees from universities in China to submit a verification report (English version only) through the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC) for their final bachelor degree transcripts (大学成绩单) and bachelor degree (本科学位证书). All verification reports need to be sent to the MSU Office of Admissions directly by CDGDC. For those Master degree granted student, we only need the undergraduate level verification report from CDGDC. Please refer to the CDGDC website for more information: chinadegrees.cn/en
Please note that the department will only accept hard copies of official transcripts. Alumni who received their bachelors degree at MSU do not have to send transcripts. All other materials should be reported electronically through the Applicant Portal or reported via ETS to the University. Supporting materials sent as a hard copy that should be submitted electronically in the Applicant Portal will not be accepted by the department.