The Filmmaking Concentration focuses on filmmaking – both fiction and non-fiction in focus. Students learn pre-production, production, and post-production techniques and design principles involved in documentary and fiction film. Students also gain experience in producing, directing, and managing media projects for distribution on multiple platforms including broadcast, cable, mobile networks, and the Internet.
Students would complete 9 credits for the Filmmaking Concentration from the following options:
- DS 241 (3 credits) Filmmaking I: Basics of Film Production
- DS 341 (3 credits) Filmmaking II: Creating Short Films
- DS 441 (3 credits) Filmmaking III: Advanced Filmmaking Capstone
Complete 3 additional credits from the following course options:
- DS 311 (3 credits) Introduction to Documentary Filmmaking
- DS 351 (3 credits) Producing for Cinema and Television
- DS 409 (3 credits) Advanced Lighting and Camera Techniques
- DS 440 (3 credits) Advanced Video Editing
- FLM 334 (3 credits) Introduction to Screenwriting
Questions about this focus area? Schedule an appointment with your advisor.