The Audio Storytelling Concentration is focused on storytelling through the art and science of production through audio. Students gain hands-on experience producing stories through sound for audio-based models such as terrestrial broadcast radio, satellite radio and web-based distribution and podcasts. Students will learn the fundamentals of audio technology, delivery and presentation, sound design and theory, and industry organization and business concepts.
Students would complete 9 credits for the Audio Storytelling Concentration from the following options:
- DS 243 (3 credits) Audio Storytelling
- DS 343 (3 credits) Podcasting
- DS 344 (3 credits) Sound Design for Storytelling
- JRN 412 (3 credits) Scoring for Moving Pictures
Complete 3 credits from the following course:
- DS 443 (3 credits) Advanced Audio Design
Questions about this focus area? Schedule an appointment with your advisor.