Future MSU students studying abroad, Sparty is here to help you along on your Italian journey! Here are 10 tips that can help improve your experience:
1. Homesickness will hit everyone at some point or another. Do not worry.
2. 6 weeks will go by faster than you think, so do everything you want to do, set dates for what you want to do and do it.
3. Wait to get a sim card in Italy, it's cheaper and safer.
4. Learn how to say “posso avere.” Italians will love you for it.
5. Go to every church you see - it’s a free museum. This means always be dressed for churches. Crop tops are not acceptable.
6. One of the best things you can do is get lost.
7. Bring comfortable clothing. You walk a lot and it’s hotter than you think.
8. Don't text during Laura's tours.
9. This is your chance to do everything you want, you shouldn't let anyone else define what your experience should be.
*Before the above photo was taken, the paper towel caught on fire and almost burned down the apartment* This takes us to our last tip...
10. Don’t put paper next to a gas stove. Disclaimer: no Sparty or study abroad students were harmed in the making of this blog post.
By Lexi Popovich