This course will cover basic concepts of digital analytics and actual use of live data to generate consumer insights on major aspects of a website or mobile app, such as user profiles, traffic sources, navigation patterns, conversion ratios and path to purchase. It will also cover how to interpret analytics and put it into a strategic plan.
- Introduce basic concepts, processes and uses of media analytics
- Explore the rise and characteristics of big data; data acquisition about audiences, media consumption and response to advertising and news
- Sources of commercial and news data; overview and experiment with some of the popular analytics platforms and tools for advertising and news
- Data analytics for consumer/reader/user insights
- Overview user privacy and ethics issues of media analytics
- Currently offered Fall only