There is a need for increased knowledge, skills, and abilities related to creative thinking, problem solving, and decision making in the global work environment. To conceptualize, communicate, and affect change as an executive requires continuous learning of new concepts as well as a reinforcement of fundamental communication approaches. This course will provide organizational leaders with cutting edge research so they can continue to meet the needs of their organizations in a fast-paced global environment. A number of constructs like communication, collaboration, community, conflict, change and other ideas or constructs are central to creating change in organizations and are crucial skills to c-suite executives in organizations. In this class, students will learn how to be agents of change by mastering and practicing these key principles.
- Develop leadership and communication skills necessary for success in the c-Suite
- Improve their ability to quickly critically assess and address problematic workplace scenarios for productive outcomes
- Identify successful models of leadership so they can better champion key organizational priorities and necessary organizational changes
- Better communicate and instantiate organizational core values to motivate organizational members to reflect those values to both internal and external stakeholders
- Identify, analyze, and solve critical organizational problems they currently need to address by using course material as the basis for their organizational solutions
- Currently offered in Fall Semester only