In this course you will examine the power and value of branding and using consumer-based brand equity to differentiate a product, service or company from its competitors. Related issues include the way brands are created, managed and grown, and extensions under the brand umbrella.
- Understand the importance, purpose and nature of branding.
- Gain an in-depth theoretical and practical understanding of Consumer Based Brand Equity and the factors that influence CBBE.
- Differentiate between products, brands and logos.
- Understand the importance of brands and branding communication efforts.
- Apply the elements of consumer based brand equity to known brands.
- Understand of the relationship of multiple brands held by a single organization, as well as the problems and opportunities associated with co-branding.
- Develop a personal vision of how one can contribute to brand development.
- Currently offered in fall and spring semester