This course covers the creation of content for a number of digital media, including email, social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), and interactive media (e.g., websites). An integrated digital communication strategy requires the consideration of design and communication theories, principles and best practices for written and visual communication. The use of Adobe products (such as Photoshop) for the achievement of these goals will be included. Additionally, the course explores management and curation issues of such digital content.
- Articulate an overarching vision for the creative design, management and implementation of a variety of online and social media content.
- Apply communication and design principles to content creation.
- Write and edit copy for various digital media, based on an understanding of how new media and digital content differ from traditional media and print material.
- Use, create or acquire appropriate copyright-free images or other digital assets.
- Manage diverse content using content management systems and aggregation tools.
- Strategically identify when and how to use digital content and measure their impact.
- Currently offered in Summer Session One only