“A picture is worth a thousand words.” It’s true. Photos bring the world to our doorstep.
If you want to become a professional photographer, then this is the place for you.
Your photos will make ordinary things more interesting, and strange things even more exotic. This is visual communication that needs no words to tell a story. Shoot and edit the great photographs that help people learn about our world.
The following courses focus on Photojournalism, in addition to those in the core:
- JRN 345 (3 credits) Images and Messages
- JRN 310 (3 credits) Photojournalism
- JRN 410 (3 credits) Advanced Photojournalism: Documentary
Here are some additional courses to supplement this specialization:
- JRN 483 Study Abroad - Photo Communication in Europe
- JRN 492 (3 credits) Special Topics, if applicable
- CAS 110 (3 credits) Creative Thinking
- CAS 112 (3 credits) Story, Sound and Motion
- CAS 205 (1 credit) Media Photography
- CAS 396 (1-4 credits) Integrated Media Arts Special Topics, if applicable
- CAS 496 (3 credits) Advanced Media Project Design and Production, if applicable
Questions about this focus area? Schedule an appointment with your advisor.