For a degree from MSU's College of Communication Arts and Sciences to remain as strong tomorrow as it is today, financial support from alumni, parents and friends is critical. By working together, we can ensure MSU students are first to access groundbreaking communication research conducted by the college's world-renowned faculty through friend and alumni giving. Educating well-rounded, talented, creative, entrepreneurial communicators of tomorrow requires private support. We must invest in our students, our faculty and our facilities to remain successful.
Explore the many ways to make a difference through Empower Extraordinary - The Campaign for MSU.
Building a Stellar Reputation Starts With:
- Providing opportunities for scholarships, internships and study abroad programs.
- Attracting excellent faculty.
- Delivering a challenging and relevant curriculum.
- Creating experiential learning opportunities.
- Developing creative and innovative instructional and collaborative spaces.
Your Gifts Can:
- Create a legacy by establishing an endowed fund in your name, for a loved one or for a special professor, that has lasting and sustainable funding for an internship award or scholarships.
- Support specific student-focused programs such as Media Sandbox, career services or study abroad.
- Establish long-standing financial support for recruiting the best and brightest candidates for advanced degrees.
- Help us attract and retain the best communication faculty and researchers in the field - both researchers and professors of practice.
Where to Give?
Thousands of alumni and friends choose to support the college-wide discretionary fund each year. Discretionary funds help sustain academic programs, faculty development, the college's information infrastructure and other current needs. The purpose of these discretionary funds is to help bridge the gap between appropriated funds and what is needed in order to provide the very best experience. They also help support innovative programs and special projects for students and faculty that otherwise could not be offered.
Many donors to the college designate their gifts to support our students and faculty in the form of endowed scholarships, fellowships and professorships. Donors may choose to support students financially by establishing an endowed fund which allows the donor the opportunity to name the fund and to identify the specific types of students they wish to support. Donors may also provide student support by contributing to an existing endowed fund or simply through a gift to the Dean's Strategic Initiatives Fund which provides financial support for ComArtSci students and programs of the greatest need as determined by the Dean.
How to Give?
MSU's online gift processing system is easy, secure and efficient. The online gift processing system authorizes transactions in real time and does not record or store credit card information. Explore the many ways to make a difference through Empower Extraordinary - The Campaign for MSU.
Please make your check payable to “Michigan State University” and include the name of the fund you wish to support on the memo line of your check. Mail to:
College of Communication Arts and Sciences
Office of Development
404 Wilson Rd., Rm. 287
East Lansing, MI 48824-1121
Questions About Giving?
Contact ComArtSci Senior Director of Development Meredith Jagutis at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-432-5672.