Marge Barkman is the Coordinator of Academic Programs for the Departments of Communication and Communicative Sciences and Disorders, and the Masters in Health & Risk Communication. She administers for five graduate programs (COMM Ph.D., CSD Ph.D., COMM M.A., CSD M.A., and HRC M.A.). The position oversees all aspects of student education from application to graduation and alumni contacts as well as course scheduling and room reservations.
Marge is an alumni of Michigan State University with her degree in Horticulture. She has worked in the academic programs arena for over 35 years.
Marge serves on the following committees:
- Member of The Graduate Schools University Graduate Secretary Advisory Committee, since Fall 1994
- Member of The Graduate Schools GRADPLAN Advisory Board Member of the Health & Risk Communication Advisory Committee Committee
- Member of Chairs Advisory Committee for Communication Department Committee
- Member of the Communication Departments Doctoral Affairs Committee since 1989
- Committee Member to Communication Departments Masters Affairs Committee since 1989