Marge Barkman is the Coordinator of Academic Programs for the Department of Communication and the Masters in Health & Risk Communication. She administers for three graduate programs (COMM Ph.D., COMM M.A., and HRC M.A.). The position oversees all aspects of student education from application to graduation and alumni contacts as well as course scheduling and strategic planning.
Marge is an alumni of Michigan State University with her degree in Horticulture. She has worked in the academic programs arena for over 40 years. She recently received the 2019 Jack Breslin Distinguished Staff award.
Marge serves on the following committees:
- Member of The Graduate School's University Graduate Secretary Advisory Committee, since Fall 1994
- Member of The Graduate School's Student Information System (SIS) Advisory Board
- Member of the Graduate School's GRADPLAN Advisory Board
- Member of the Health & Risk Communication Advisory Committee
- Member of Chair's Advisory Committee for the Communication Department
- Member of the Communication Department's Doctoral Affairs Committee, since 1989
- Committee Member to Communication Department's Masters Affairs Committee, since 1989