Minds Wide Open will be held at ComArtSci for the third time this year. The annual international advertising competition partners MSU advertising students with students from China, Spain, Germany, Mexico and South Africa to bring together different perspectives and create successful advertising campaigns.
Teams will receive a creative brief at the beginning of the week and have access to mentors from top agencies from around the world. Each team will present their final campaign on Friday, during which work will be voted on. Later that evening, awards will be given out for the best work.
The week-long competition is the perfect way for advertising students to gain real-world experience working as part of a creative team while also providing a great opportunity for networking with other students and professionals.
*all events are in room 145 ComArtSci, except for the parking ramp concert
Monday, September 18
9:00 a.m. - Welcoming remarks
- Keynote: Hajj Flemings, Brand Camp U/Detroit Team
- Mentor announcement
- Hoobie brief presentation
3:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Mentors presentations
- Top of the Parking Ramp Rock ‘n Roll Concert with music by "Dirt Room"
- MWO/MMCA party at Urban Beat, Old Town, Lansing
Tuesday, September 19
1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- ‘Rise and Rise of Women in Advertising’ panel discussion
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Mentor presentations
Friday, September 22
- Student team presentations