Location: CAS 182
9:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Dr. Lucinda Davenport, Director, School of Journalism
- Nancy Ashley, Graduate Academic Programs Coordinator
- New JRN M.A. students
- Faculty advisers
9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
Students & advisers meet to exchange contact information and set up another meeting to discuss course schedules
10:00 - 10:35 a.m.
Nancy Ashley, Graduate Academic Programs Director
- Program requirements and expectations
- Online handbook and forms
- Responsible conduct workshop requirement
- Registration/late adds/overrides, STUINFO, etc.
Dr. Geri Alumit Zeldes, JRN M.A. Director
- Form: course checklist and sample
- Form: annual progress report and evaluation letter
- Plan A vs. Plan B
- Committee formation
- Grades: 2 strikes <2.5 = SAP Appeal - Financial Aid
- 3 strikes <2.5 = recessed
- Scholarships in spring
- Interact with professors
- MA-ven Hour
10:35 - 10:45 a.m.
10:45 - 11:15 a.m.
Panel of current JRN M.A. students to answer questions
- Pechulano Ali
- Carin Tunney
- Toney Cepak
11:15 a.m. - Noon
- Dr. Zeldes will be available to discuss schedules and any other questions
- B.A.-M.A. Linked students will provide new students with a tour of the building
Noon - 1 p.m.
Lunch - pizza mixer with faculty and more introductions
Classes Begin Wednesday, August 30th