The ComArtSci Career Center recognizes that once you obtain a summer internship, financial assistance for costs associated with your internships may be useful. Every year, the Career Center offers financial assistance awards of $500-1,000 to eligible students who are completing summer internships in their fields of study.
If you meet the following guidelines, you are eligible to apply:
- You must be a current undergraduate student in the College of Communication Arts & Sciences with a primary major in the college.
- You must be graduating in Summer 2020 or later.
- You have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Your internship is secured at time of application.
- Your internship meets qualifications set by the college.
Please note that internship abroad and study away experiences coordinated through MSU or outside vendors are not eligible for this award.
To apply you must submit a personal essay, your resume, a completed additional information form and a completed application.
- Personal Essay Prompt: Please describe your career goals and your strategy for achieving those goals. Feel free to include brief information on any financial assistance considerations that may affect your success.
- Essays should be limited to one page.
Applications for Summer 2020 internships are being accepted! Priority deadline is April 12th. Applications for internships secured after April 12th will still be accepted on a rolling basis until funds are exhausted.
Complete both links below to submit your application, or search for the 2020 ComArtSci Internship Financial Assistance Award on Handshake!