Do you love gaming? Do you want to make it your career? If you want to learn game development and how to create fun, engaging games as well as games for learning and education, consider a concentration in Game and Interactive Media Design.
Want to see examples of student work? Visit GameDev.msu.edu!
To fulfill the requirements of the concentration in Game and Interactive Media Design students must take:
- At least five courses from the “Game and Interactive Media Design” focus area.
- At least two courses from the “Graphics and Animation” or “Film and Media Production” or “Media and Information Management” focus areas.
- At least one of the designated concentration capstone course.
With a background in Game and Interactive Media Design, possibly combined with a Minor in Game Design and Development, you will have tremendous opportunities in careers such as:
- Game Designer
- 2D/3D Artist
- Technical Designer/Artist
- Web/User Interface/User Interaction Designer
- Usability Engineer
- Information Architect
- User Experience Designer/Researcher
- Technical Writer
- Web and Mobile App Developer
Questions about this focus area? Schedule an appointment with your advisor.