The Inclusiveness Committee consists of faculty and staff from each unit in ComArtSci and at least one graduate and one undergraduate student representative.
Our college's bylaws - Bylaw 4.4.3 - spell out the Committee's mission: The committee's responsibility shall be to promote equal opportunity including in such fields as recruitment, admission, education, and treatment of students, and the hiring, promotion, retention and assignment of faculty. Items may be referred to it by the College Advisory Council, the dean or the faculty. The committee shall make its recommendations on such matters to the body which referred the item to it, unless otherwise indicated.
Inclusiveness Committee Members
- Julia DeCook, Graduate Student
- Joe Grimm, School of Journalism
- Amanda Holmstrom, Department of Communication
- Lauren Gaines McKenzie, ComArtSci Coordinator of Diversity & Multicultural Student Affairs
- Wei Peng, Department of Media & Information
- Matthew Phillips, Department of Communicative Sciences and Disorders
- Lou Schiavone, Department of Advertising + Public Relations
- Nicole Szymczak, ComArtSci Communications Office
- Brant Wells, WKAR
For More Information Contact:
Geri Alumit Zeldes, Ph.D., J-School Professor & ComArtSci Faculty Excellence Advocate
Lauren Gaines McKenzie
Coordinator of Diversity & Multicultural Student Affairs